Everyone uses emails, but not all emails are equal.
Here are just a few of the types of emails I get, every day:
- Monthly “newsletters” full of the sender’s achievements
- Spam sales messages from companies I’ve never heard of
- “Buy now or else” special offers on stuff I don’t need or want
- Marketing ploys from people I’d forgotten I’d subscribed to, or why
- Useful information, discussions or questions from people I know, like and trust
Only that last kind is actually welcome, enjoyable and impactful.
The rest are just life-sapping digital noise.
Before you press “send” on your next email, think about how it’ll be received. If it’s not a “Category 5”, you might just be wasting everyone’s time.