Great to see the “smartest guys in marketing” Taylor Welch and Chris Evans writing about something I’ve been saying forEVER…
Building your business around a low-priced entry product, hoping to lead your client to something more expensive later, is a really REALLY tough way to do it.
If you’ve got a massive mailing list or a massiver still advertising budget, you MIGHT just pull a rabbit from the hat.
It’s a whole lot easier to attract and convert a handful of clients to pay you highly for 1-2-1 coaching, than it is to find hundreds of buyers for your eBook or digital course.
- Fewer clients means less marketing
- You can acquire a high-value client from a single conversation TODAY
- No need to take a risk on strategies, funnels and ad campaigns that may or may not work
- Providing high-value services to people who can afford them is a great way to get referrals, recommendations and yes, more high-value clients
- You can earn in a week what you might make in a year from a low-value digital product
I’m not saying low-value products and services don’t have their place in your business.
Just don’t hang your hat on them, and DON’T start with them.
Getting started’s hard enough, right?
PS – Fancy getting started building a 3200-member Facebook Group like Jonny Hates Marketing?
It’s on Wednesday the 28th March from 13.00-16.00 UK, and we’ll work on YOUR FB Group, LIVE!